£70/50 mins – ongoing psychotherapy sessions.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your availability for psychotherapy from Monday – Friday. Or if you would like to set up a telephone call, please email me to arrange a time).
AREAS OF SPECIALITY:
- Abortion & Miscarriage
- Anxiety, Stress & Depression, including postnatal depression
- Bereavement, Grief & Loss
- Childhood or Adult Sexual, Physical or Emotional Abuse & Trauma
- Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Family Issues
- Guilt & Shame
- Identity Problems & Sexual Identity
- Isolation & Loneliness
- Life Changes & Personal Development
- Low self-confidence or self-esteem
- Relationship Difficulties, Issues & Endings
- Self-Harm & Suicidal Thoughts
Alessandra is a UKCP registered and qualified Integrative Psychotherapist with the following qualifications:
- BA (Hons) – 4 years
- Foundation Course Psychotherapy & Counselling – 1 year
- PGDip Psychotherapy & Counselling – 2 years
- Advanced Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy – 2 years
- Certificate in CBT Skills (Endorsed by CORST)
Alessandra has worked as a psychotherapist with a wide range of clients from different cultures and backgrounds in private and NHS settings, including St Thomas Hospital and Ealing Hospital.
Most people experience difficulties or distress at some point in their life. Her primary aim is to offer you a confidential, empathic, non-judgmental and supportive space to explore whatever has been troubling you and reflect on your experiences. Going to therapy can feel daunting and overwhelming. It is important that you work at a comfortable pace and that you, as the client feel safe, in order to make positive changes in your life.
Like all human-beings, Alessandra’s clients are multi-faceted and bring a broad range of issues. Her personal approach integrates several different theories – Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Gestalt, CBT and Transpersonal. However, Attachment Theory and Object Relations concepts and formulations are at the heart of her work. Alessandra draws on these, her theoretical knowledge, skills and expertise, to respond in whatever way is best for each specific client.
Together you will work collaboratively to explore your concerns, identify feelings and thoughts and reflect how you see yourself and how you relate to others, as well as understand the choices you make.
Alessandra believes in the importance of early attachment experiences as creating an internalised working model that serves as a schema or template to close relationships. Our characteristic attachment style will influence the characteristic manner in which we approach the other and construe the world around us.
Alessandra also considers that our current relationships and ways of solving problems are often influenced by past events and how we understood them at the time. She is interested in the way we unwittingly repeat in adulthood these patterns we learn in childhood, no matter that they may no longer be helpful and even that they play a part in maintaining our current problems.
By recognising these patterns and understanding what triggers them, how they are maintained, we are in a better position to understand what our strengths and limitations are and our possibilities and choices. To work out new ways of thinking and acting that can help us lead a more fulfilling life.
You can bring whatever is on your mind to the session – anxieties, dreams, fantasies, fears, feelings, hopes, memories, sensations and thoughts.
* You do not need a referral from your GP.
* Alessandra does NOT deal with Addiction, Eating Disorders, OCD, Phobias or Sexual Problems.
* Please see Alessandra’s Website for further information and to read Testimonials from her clients.